Monday, April 14, 2014

New Area???


Hello!
So I'm sure you are all wondering where my new area is.  Well I think that you will be very surprised.  I have returned to an old area!  I am back in South Royalton at the JSMB(Joseph Smith Memorial Building)!!!!!  Yes.  I am.  It is kindof crazy, but I am here, and boy has it been busy. My companion is Sister Smedley and we used to go on exchanges when we were in Maine, so I already knew her and that she was a Visitor Center Sister, and well I had a feeling we would one day be companions.  And now we are!  It is great. 
I guess this week back has been very fun!  And busy!  we have been going all over, plus with everything else that is going on it has been crazy!
It all started with the Largest Transfer meeting since President Stoker has had since he came out.  It was huge!  There were so many missionaries there.  All of my past companions were there and it was good to see them. 
We then hopped in that car and headed up to South Royalton VT.  There we stopped by a few members and said hi and tried to get in contact with a few less actives.  We helped our ward mission leader with some service and all together had a very busy day. 
Wednesday we headed up to the area of Randolf and north.  We tried to contact a referral and the boxed out because he wasn't there.  That means we tracted around his house.  We met a very nice woman who has great potential.  She already knows a few mormons and we hope to be able to see her soon.  We then tried to see a few other people, but they weren't there so we did some more tracting, and it was a very fruitful day.  We set us 3 return appts. and can't wait to see them.  Hopefully they will turn into new investigators because they seem really interested.   
Thursday we went out and about and saw a less active who I really think she could and easily could be coming back to church.  We are going to start working with her more and I am really excited to.  She is very nice. We then went to the JSM and did some chat.  That was fun because it has been a very long time since I've don't that.  We got a new investigator on there.  So that was good.  We then had dinner with a member that night and they are great!
Friday we did our weekly planning and we were so busy.  There was so much to do and so little time.  We didn't finish because we went and did some service for a potential.  Her name is Marie and we helped here when I was here last summer.  it was so much fun.  She is old and pretty on top of it.  She did confuse me a little bit with another Sister but she was so great.  I think that we may be able to help her become an investigator and really teach her.  I hope so because she is wonderful and would be a great mormon.  We then had coordination.  And then a dinner with the Kills.  He is in charge of the speakers this month so guess what?  I'm speaking in 2 weeks.  Yay.  That will be fun.  I am going to be speaking on conversion.  I am actually really excited about that.
Saturday we had Zone conference.  Wow this week has been crazy.  Transfer meeting, zone conference and then Sunday was stake conference.  I may be tiered, but President and Sister Stoker must be exhausted, because they had to speak at every single one of those meetings.  Well it was a good zone conference.  We were in Essex and that chapel actually looks like a Utah chapel.  And I noticed something.  All the chapels out here have a baptismal font where as the chapels in Utah only the Stake center has a baptismal font usually.  I just thought that was interesting and for some reason that never really hit me until now.  
So I learned a lot at Zone conference.  We are going to be trying a but of things with the people we are teaching to help them.  I am so excited. 
Sunday we went to Stake conference.  that was good.  then we come home ran up to the JSM and gave some tours, because we had a New Member fireside here.  President Stoker and Sister Stoker both spoke at that.  We made some brownies and cookies for it.  It was really good.  I got to see missionaries that I've worked with before and members.  It was really fun!  So one of the things that they want us to do is share this website mormon.org/becauseofhim  it looks really good and I suggest you post it to your facebook somehow. 
Well that is all for this week.  We have been busy busy and I love it!  There are a bunch of new senior couples here at the JSM for me to meet and get to know and I am excited to be able to be back and am lucky enough to be blessed with this second chance to serve here. :)
Love you all!
Love,
Sister Lundahl

No comments:

Post a Comment