Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Where is Sister Lundahl?????



I know you all are wondering where I am going to be serving for the next 6 weeks. I'm pretty curious also, cuz I haven't been there yet.  We have been in New Hampshire for the past week serving in Manchester because our apt isn't ready.  They are remodeling our apt.   hmmm that sounds like the place where our furniture went.  Correct.  I am following my furniture to Waldoboro, Maine.  You might want to google that cuz it is not a common town.  We are going back to the middle of Nowhere.  But it is on the coast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm going to the coast with a super awesome companion!!!!!!
we are so excited!
My companion's name is Sister Huefner and she is awesome!  She served in Manchester for a while like 4-5 months so thanks to her we had people to see and things to do.  It was so awesome!  In fact we went and saw a less active this week named Megan, and the first time she wasn't there, then we saw her again, and seriously the Lord definitely led us to her the second time because we came at the perfect time.  She told us that her father passed away a couple of months ago and she decided that when she saw missionaries again she would talk with them.  So we invited her to come to church the next day and she came!!! I've never had anybody we invited to come to church come to church before, so I was like crazy happy! and S. Huefner was crazy happy so we were 2 extra smiley sister missionaries. :D
Also sister Huefner is the new sister training leader.  Which is kind of a combination between a district leader and a Zone leader for girls.  She has to go on exchanges with all of the sisters in our zone so we are going to be busy opening a new area and going on exchanges. 
Something to note about Manchester is it has a nickname in the mission as being called Manch-Vegas.  And for good reason.  It really is kind of crazy here, and while it was interesting to serve in a crazy busy city, I think I'm excited to go back to the country side. 
Well my new address is now 
447 Goshen Rd
Waldoboro, Maine
(I have no idea what the zip code is yet, since we haven't even been there.)  Basically this week has been really weird serving in an area that we are not assigned to and trying to do work, but not having very much.  It has been interesting.
This is Sister H.'s third time opening an area.  So she is pro, and I'm so excited to learn from her and all the sisters in our zone as we get to go on exchanges with them :)
We are only e-mailing for an hour today cuz we still haven't driven to Waldoboro yet.  And technically our apt is not completely ready yet, but we want to get there so we can get to work. I mean who need a tub or a toilet, as long a we have a hole in the ground were set right?...
We're just going to help them finish it all hopefully, like painting and stuff like that. :)  Also the ward is super excited.  They are remodeling a part of a member's home so we can be there and serve.  We live right across from a lake and the member has horses. :D
We'' we need to get on the road!  Love you all!!!
Love always and Forever,
Sister Lundahl

No comments:

Post a Comment