Tuesday, November 11, 2014

New Area.... or not

Hello family,

So as you can guess by the title, I am back to JSM.  I am so excited because I am the only missionary who was born here and is going to die here!  Those are missionary terms for starting and ending your mission.  Yep.  I am back.  And it is great!  It is  really cool to see how the investigators I found have started to progress and how people are making changes and doing really well.  I am so happy.  Things are good.  So I guess I should start from the beginning.

Tuesday we had transfer meeting.  We had a very long drive in close quarters with the Elders.  It was fun! As we were going down I said I was probably gonig back to the JSM.  Well, one of the elders said I couldn't know that that I didn't have the keys blah blah blah.  So I said, you want to bet?  He said sure. So what did we bet?  If I won he would eat his words if I won he would eat his words.... Well transfer meeting came and I saw the So Ro sisters, and I thought oh, there is my new companion.  And lo and behold, we are companions and said Elder ate his words.  :)  It was really funny.  
We had Elders in So Ro now.  That is really odd.  It is really odd.  They are good elders though.

Wednesday we had district meeting.  We got a ride with a member and I was so happy to see him again.  It was great!  Sister Erickson and I are a little sassy together... so we have fun teasing people.  It is great.  This ward doesn't know what they are getting into now. :)
We say a few people and had a lesson with an investigator.  She is actually someone I found the week before I left So Ro.  Crazy!  She has a baptismal date, and it is really hard because she is struggling with motivation.  We are hoping to help her keep the date and help her be baptized. 

Thursday we went and did facilities management.  We are helping them put up Christmas lights. we decorated the lilac bushes with some blue lights... yeah I know such exciting info.  We then tried to contact some Less actives.  Well one was way out there in the middle of nowhere. That was a lot of miles. :( But we found out she doesn't live there anymore. 

Friday we had weekly planning.  It was took a little bit longer than it should have because we were having some problems as we went through the area book.  
We did some chat at the JSM.  They have a new system.  And I wasn't authorized for it, so we had to go call the churches help line and they didn't know how to help and the online tech support people weren't responding.  So after 30 mins of being on hold as they all tried to figure out there to transfer my call, the online tech people showed up and I got authorized.  Then we didn't get any chats.  we found out that we didn't put a language so we could.. It is a very new system, and I am just not used to it I guess.  If you have any questions you should go online and ask the missionaries. :)

Saturday we had an amazing lesson with an investigator.  She is a friend of Brother Syphers and she just was so grateful to be able to learn more and she wants to change.  She wants it so badly.  I am so excited to help her on the way.  

We then had a chili pie cook off thing.  Hosted, by the missionaries!  It was fun.  We had a few non-members show up and it was great!  There was a girl there who just got off her mission a transfer ago and she is so much fun!  It was so funny to see everybody.  They all were like, oh are you on exchanges, and I was like, nope I'm back.  I think they were all happy about it. :)
I know I am. :)

Sunday we had a tour come in during church that the directors wanted us to help with.  They are from a class at a college near here and they are doing a comparative religious studies class.  It was cool to answer their questions and talk with them.  They are really cool.  We did have one investigator at church and a less active.  I am so happy.  The less active is someone I've been working with for over a year now.  And it is cool to see her making progress.   Things are going well and I am so grateful to be serving here.  :)

I love you all so much and hope things are going well!

Love always and forever,
Sister Lundahl

No comments:

Post a Comment