Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Last Week in Maine

Dear Family,

So this is my last week in Maine.  We got a transfer call on Saturday from the assistant saying that I was leaving.  I am really sad and I don't want to leave.  I love the people here so much and they are so great.  I especially love all the people I am teaching.  They are great and I feel so blessed that I have been able to teach them for this short amount of time that I have been here.

So I guess to the week.

Tuesday I was in Bangor for the day.  I was on exchange.  It was really fun.  We did some service at a thrift shop and we also went and tracted most of the day.  But it was so odd to be in a city.  I feel so odd.  And what is sad, is it isn't even a very big city.  IDK what I am going to do when I get to the suburbia of Utah!  Probably panic.

Wednesday we had our last district meeting.  It is Elder Weicks last week.  It is really weird to see a missionary go home.  I've never been around anybody who is going home.  So it was a good experience for me to see how to stay focused. 
We took the new relief society president out teaching with us.  We went and saw a less active and our investigator Branigan.  Wow.  The spirit was so strong while we saw the less active.  Her name is Bonnie.  She has a very strong personality, and is very for women's rights and such. 
Over all it was a very positive, good day. :)

Thursday we changed out plans so we could go and do some service.  We went and stacked wood, and I split wood for the very first time.  With a Maul (sp)  or mall. IDK  which was to spell it.  You swing the thing and split the wood just like in the olden days.  Yep.  I've got the full new England experience now.
We met with one of our investigators.  He just finished listening to the BoM on CD. He said that he knows it is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet, but that he is still not committed to coming to church.  :(  I won't be able to work with him on that, but I really hope he will make church a priority.

Friday was good. 

Saturday the call. :(

Sunday we got 4-6 inches of snow.  Luckily we were able to go to church.  Oh am so glad. 

I gtg. I am out of time and I still need to finish packing.  Man life is busy!

Love always and forever,
Sister Lundahl

No comments:

Post a Comment