Monday, October 7, 2013

Week 4 in Waldoboro!!

Hey everyone!
This week has been extremely crazy!  1st Sister Huefner had MLC so I was in Topsham for the day (pronounced top-sum).  Then the next day we went on exchanges.  So sister Smedley came here and we did stuff and S. Huefner left to be with S. Jensen.  Then we had to drive back to topsham the next day and get a new phone number and the next day was conference and we had to go pig hunting, and oh boy has it been crazy.  That looks like a jumbled mess let me explain.
Tuesday: Topsham was lots of fun. We went and served at a soup kitchen and then we walked everywhere since they are in a car share and did not have the car that part of the week.  My feet have not had to do that much walking in a long while.  A really long while.  So by the end I was tired and sore, but it was great.  We tracted into some really cool people and placed a couple copies of the Book of Mormon.  Sister Huefner came home that night and we had to drive all the way back to Waldoboro at like 8:30.  That doesn't seem late, but for missionaries who have to be in at the absolute latest 9:30 and the trip is about 1 hour anyway.  It is kindof crazy.  Especially when we are not supposed to speed.  (Don't worry, we didn't.)
Wednesday:  We had to drive back to Topsham for District meeting.  It was a good district meeting, plus I got a rubix cube.  I had forgotten a lot of things but now I am back on top of it and I can do rubix cubes again. :)  We then came back after lunch and both of our appointments fell through so we figured out some other things to do.  And then we had to drive 1 hr and 15 min so we could exchange with the oxford sisters.  There I picked up sis. Smedley and drove all the way back home.  It was a wee bit crazy, since it gets dark at like 6 here, so that was a fun drive. 
Thursday:  Sis. Smedley and I came to the library to do chat since I got permission from the Mission President to go and do it, and we are both Visitor Center Sisters. But for some reason it wouldn't lets us log in and we had some other problems, so basically it was a bust.  We decided to go help a member.  Also I found out that Sis Smedley lives in Nibley, Utah.  She said she thinks she knows Taya.  She graduated a year before me.  We tried to go and teach some other people but they were all busy are recovering from gall bladder removal or something like that. So we started tracting.  And we found a lady who wants us to come back.  She is a major talker, so we are not sure how we are going to get information in, and help her, but we have hope and she is willing to listen a little bit too. :)  So we wrapped up with her ( She talked to us for 45 min.)  And drove back to unechange.
Friday: So this is the day we do weekly planning.  It is basically where we try to plan all our activities for the next week so we can be most effective.  As we were planning we got a call from Elder Pettingale in the office and he told us we had to drive somewhere that had sprint coverage so we could change our phone number to a maine number.  The nearest place was Topsham. 1 hour away.  So we drove, and we got coverage in Bath.  It was a little closer.  But then our phone was having problems and wouldn't get the new number and we couldn't make calls.  So we were stuck in Bath with no way of calling anybody, and having no idea where any of the other missionaries were. So we prayed and hoped to find the Topsham sisters at their apt.  Hoping that weekly planning had taken a long time.  Nobody was there.  So we went to the library and tried their community phone.  Their cell phone was not a local number.  So the libraries were really nice and let us use their library phone on the condition that it was short.  We found out that the sisters were at the church.  Definitely a tender mercy and booked it over there.  We then proceeded to use the church phone to call the office, and then call sprint and get our phone fixed.  We then drove back to Waldoboro, needing to finish weekly planning.  We got back around 5.  So the rest of our day was weekly planning.
Saturday:  We still hadn't finished weekly planning so we were hoping to finish it that morning, when we got a text during personal study (8:30) from the Branch mission leader asking for help cuz 2 of his pigs were missing.  So we changed and went to go pig hunting.  We got to the high school and then found out a little more about the situation.  They had been missing since the night before and they had gone over to the neighbor's house and they were drunk and were threatening to kill the pigs.  They all came home except the 2.  We searched and search.  And then we were dropped off at different parts to go searching in the woods.  Well we started Bushwacking through the forest.  And We got a wee bit lost.  Not like majorly lost, we could still hear the highway, but just enough to get nervous.  To be honest I was pretty sure on the direction we needed to go but s. Huefner disagreed and that was how we ended up not going to the place we were supposed to.  So we prayed and I still felt good about the direction I had initially said, saying that was where the high school was, and she thought differently.  So we started my way and found a nice little Boggy area.  We then got a call from the Branch mission leader wondering where we were.  We yelled a little bit, he yelled back, and low and behold it was through the bog we needed to go.  by this point the Elders had found us, and they led us through the bog.  Well we get out of the Bog, and guess who lost the phone... Yep, I did.  Anybody surprised.  Didn't think so.  So we went back into the bog and I found the phone.  Another tender mercy from the Lord.  We then had to book it to our cars so we could go open the church to watch conference in the chapel.  The elders still had to return to their apt to get their suits so we got it all set up, but we had no projector.  But there was a tiny 4 inch black and white tv in the corner with the sound system that we started to watch it on.  The elders when they finally got there called the member with the library key and got the projector out.  We then proceeded to watch a super awesome session of general conference.  It was so good.  I'm glad we were able to watch it, cuz it was a little crazy getting to that point. 
Sunday: Much less eventful.  We watched conference, taught an investigator, and I met someone who lived in Grandma and Grandpa's stake.  Their names are Ray and Kleah Nelson.  Apparently, he was in the stake presidency or something. They said they would call Grandma and Grandpa. and let them know.  So that's all.
I have 2 minutes left, so I want you all to know that I love you!  And can't wait to hear more from you!!
Love Always and Forever,
Sister Lundahl

No comments:

Post a Comment