Monday, November 25, 2013

I'm not what I once was, But I'm not yet who Heavenly Father wants me to be.

Hey All!
 
So if you just skipped over the subject, it is I'm not what I once was, But I'm not yet who Heavenly Father wants me to be.  That was shared yesterday in a youth fireside for our branch that a member shared about his conversion.  And I think that is so true for me right now as well.  I am not the same person I was when I came our on my mission.  In fact I'[m not the same person I was at the beginning of this transfer.  And I am still not yet the person that Heavenly Father wants me to be.  I have made progress, but I am nowhere near what he wants me to be.  I guess that is why we have a whole lifetime to figure that out.  But in regards to the mission and this last week I have definitely been able to make some progress.  
 
Monday:  Was great, we drove to Auburn for our exchange with oxford.  I went to their apt.  And it was lots of fun.  They have a really nice apt, but for some reason there is a bunch of copper in the water there, so it turns all their stuff blue.  But they have a really good area, and the ward over there is really supportive of them and way nice!  I loved everyone I met over there.  I was with Sister Smedley, another Visitor Center missionary.  
 
Tuesday:  We went out to teach this really nice lady name Andrea.  She is so sweet and it great!  We took a member with us named Sister Lilly and she is such an example of being a member missionary.  SHe is constantly sharing the gospel.  No matter what it is she is sharing.  She shares on facebook and the phone when she teaches yoga, in everything she does.  It is soo cool to see how she does it.  All while facing major medical problems.  :)  She is awesome. 
We then went and taught this couple named Josaphine and Tony.  Tony is a classic 70-80 punk.  He is now 60 and he still makes his music and puts it on the web.  They are so sweet and are great! We then had to drive to Auburn to exchange back.  It was a great day!  
 
Wednesday:  was another great day!  We had apointments the whole day and none of them fell through.  They were with a few less active members they are so sweet!  We love each of them to pieces and want them to come back to church so badly!  They are amazing!  I wish we could do more for them, but we do our best.  And they are just so amazing! One day they will come back.  I'm sure of it.  And have that lasting conversion.  
 
Thursday: I love member meals!  They are the best.  Especially when the member is a good cook!  We went and ate at the Hovances.  They are a young couple who were sealed this past weekend, and while we couldn't be there, be heard that it was amazing and so sweet.  They have 3 little girls and they are just so adorable.   We love them! And we also helped a potential investigator make some candy wreathes.  I now have a fantastic skill that will help in the holiday season. :)  We also taught the Golden trio as Sister Huefner has now dubbed them.  That would be Arnez, Linda, and Tom.  We had a member, sister Duffy with us and it was so good.  We were able to follow up with them on the Proclamation to the family and also shared with them about the Articles of faith.  We have basically taught them all the lessons, but we are waiting for them to have the all clear for baptism so hopefully that is soon. 
 
Friday:  Weekly planning.  We were also hoping to get our licence plates today since our car is about oh 20 days with out a licensing.  Somehow we hove not been pulled over yet.  And hopefully won't because we didn't get them.  The vehicle coordinator for some reason hasn't been able to get the car licensed.  It is odd.  But it has all worked out so far.  But we stopped by Arnez and Linda's to give  Linda a Bible with all the footnotes and the bible dictionary, and found out that Arnez fell off  the bandwagon for smoking :( So we went and bought a calender for her to mark off everyday that she doesn't smoke.  She wasn't there when we dropped by so we left a bunch of sticky notes of encouragement and then went to a dinner apt. with the Dyers.  It was great.  They had a friend of theirs there who is not a member and we shared a scripture, and it was really great!  She is an amazing person! 
 
Saturday: We went and gave Arnez the calender and the stickers to linda so they could mark off everyday that she doesn't smoke.  Arnez was so funny, she kept telling us that the Lord had tattled on her and that is why we came and found out about her smoking.  It was really funny.  Arnez also had her granddaughter there and she had some very serious questions for us.  like how does the Holy ghost speak to us and what was her middle name. Because Arnez told her that we know everything.  So with panic in our eyes Arnez tried to mouth her name to us and we tried to figure it out and guess all at the same time.  Her middle name is Lee in case you are wondering.  It was funny.  Then she gave us a christmas present.  A picture that she had drawn.  And Linda and Arnez gave us homemade snowflake stainglass ornaments that they had made.  It was so sweet.  I loved them!  They are probably my favorite thing I have received on my mission so far.  
 
Sunday:  They came to church! Of course and we also had a great fireside at the church where converts and born members shared how they became converted.  It was really cool.  And thinking about how I became converted, just shows how important conversion really is.  So how we're converted officially?  Not your baptism, but your conversion?
 
And that brings us to today.  I love you all And hope you are all doing well. 
 
Love always and Forever,
 
Sister Lundahl

No comments:

Post a Comment