Monday, March 31, 2014

10 Months

Hello all!  
I guess you might want to know that I reached my 10 month mark on Saturday.  Yes I have been on my mission for 10 months. I honestly cannot believe it.  10 months.  These have been the longest and yet the shortest 10 months in my entire life.  How have they gone by so quickly?!  I guess since I have been our 10 months I should have some sort of list of 10.  this list will be a list of 10 of my favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon.  They are in no particular order, just they are on the list:
1.  2 Nephi 2:11
2. Alma 7: 11-13
3. Alma 17: 13
4.  Alma 26:12
5.  Alma 34:41
6.  Alma 58:11
7. Helaman 5: 12, 30
8. Moroni 7: 15-19
9.  Moroni 7:45, 47-48
9 3/4. Alma 37:37
10.  Moroni 10:32-33

So I threw in an extra scripture.  What can I say.  

So this week have been ok.  
Tuesday we went and did some tracting and had a great dinner with Judi, our recent convert.  She is doing really well and she got us some great thai food.  :) It was great.  Like really good.  That was great because we were able to help her set up her Family history account online and we are not sure how to transfer the information from ancestry to lds.org.  or if it is even possible.

Wednesday we got sick.  Really sick.   Like Sister Vanderhoef has Strep sick.  I just have a really bad cold.  And I am a little worried that it may turn into bronchitis but I am watching it and hopefully it will be good.  I also got a package from Amber and it really made my day.  Especially since we are both so sick.

Thursday we had district meeting and it was really fun.  We did some fun activities on using Easter to find people.  Sister Vanderhoef and I have to use Easter 10x in the real play or role play that we did.  I'm pretty sure this information is correct, but did you know that easter falls on the first sunday after the first full moon after the first day of spring?  That is why it changes so much every year.  That night we also went to Alison's play.  It was so much fun.  It was definitely a middle school play, but Alison did a really good job and it was fun to watch.  Sister Vanderhoef and I were eating cough drops like candy and at the end when they come out, I tried so hard to cheer for ali, but my voice just stopped working.  It was sad.  We made her some flowers and gave them to her at the end of the Musical.  

Friday: we were so sick again.  But we still went on exchanges anyway.  So that was fun.  I went to Canterbury with Sister Hoffman.  If you are wondering why that name sounds familier she was in my district in maine. :)

Saturday we went and taught some people and there is one lady who is less active who served in the Navy.  She was in communications and she would do the morse code.  I had no idea that the dot and dashes were pronounced differently.  You don't say dot, dot ,dot.  you say deet, deet, deet.  or something like that.  You learn all sorts of cool things on your mission.

The broadcast was that night to.  I loved it!  It was so great!  The messages were so wonderful.  I love how the keep bring up our covenants and how important they are.  I really am understanding that they are so important.  Whether baptismal or temple.  Every promise we make with God is a blessing.  Ahh.  I love conference!  I am so excited for it this week!!!  

This week we are challenging everybody to write down questions for conference and pray about them.  I never really did that until my mission and it has helped make conference that much more meaningful. 

Sunday we had some great speakers.  One said something that I found very interesting,  she said, "Repentance is a gift."  For some reason that struck me.  It is so true though.  Repentance is a gift from our Heavenly father to be able to life with him some day.  It is not this doom and gloom that some portray it to be, but a blessing that we should all take better advantage of.   
We had Dinner at the Ortons and that was fun.  They are so much fun to be around. :)

Well that is all for this week!  

Love you for every particle found on the seashore,
Love,
 Sister Lundahl

No comments:

Post a Comment