Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Hello Family and Friends!
This week was another week of madness.  It started with monday where we had FHE and then we made phone calls. Not too exciting I guess. 
Tuesday we went and helped stack wood.  We were only able to do it for a little bit, but the family gave us some lunch, which was really yummy.  Then we rushed to the memorial where we had the chance to have our meeting with all the senior couples.  The senior couples here are fantastic!  So of course we had a good time.  Even though we had phantom dingers going off.  Basically it would signal that someone was here, but nobody was driving there.  So afterwards we had to hurry back to our apt.  Where I had to  finish packing, because I was going to Montpelier for exchange.  So we hurried and packed up so we wouldn't have to waste any miles.  I packed and then we drove up to a members house who fed us.  We had Hot dogs that we roasted over a fire.  I can't believe how long it has been since I had a hot dog over a fire.  They are much better when cooked over the fire.  We also saw one of the less actives we have been working with.  So we had dinner then we rushed around trying to contact some people.  Unfortunately we have not been able to make contact with a bunch of our investigators and people in the Randolph area.  So we went and met with the Montpelier sisters and I went to randolph.  And Let me just say.. their apartment is really ghetto.  It is in an old Hotel and to get into their bathroom you have to take a step up.  And the whole building smells like smoke.  It is pretty bad.  But they are right in the center of town so they can walk everywhere. 
So Wednesday we went and served at the library.  We checked in books and things like that.  That was a temptation.  But Thankfully I was able to resist.  Then we went and taught a member our 7 min. Restoration.  That was fun.  She told us that she is actually thinking about going on a mission.  We told her she definitely should.  After that we got lost.  Yep.  Really lost.  The GPS was really slow so we didn't know where we were supposed to turn until it was too late.  Therefore we missed the turns so many times that we ended up in Brookfield.  That is in our area in South Royalton.  I thought it was super funny.  So we finally made it to the place.  And the lady was really nice that we were late.  Then we went to see another less active.  And talked with her neighbors for a little bit. We even gave them a book of Mormon.  It was really cool.  Then we taught her.  By now it was 6:15 and we have to be at the church by 6:30 for young womens.  Unfortunately we were super hungry.  And for some odd reason we kept smelling french fries.  So we stopped at burger king and got some food.  
Meanwhile in South Royalton Debbie, the investigator that has a baptismal date texted the sisters and said that she needed their help.  They went over, and she is moving.  She is moving to Waterbury so she will be in the Montpelier sisters area.  That was it.
Thursday We went to district meeting, but  Sister Smedley and Brown didn't show up.  Because Sister Smedley was sick.  They ended up getting there late.  But they got there and then we ended up going to get our car fixed.  Our window had a chip in it.  So we got that taken care of and then we drove to South Royalton for Chat time at the JSM.  We had a few good chats, and then we went to the relief society activity.  We learned how to do a dance.  It was really fun.  And I actually got a little sore from it because we were supposed to kick out and we don't usually kick that was in soccer, so I kept messing up.  It was kind of funny.
Friday we had weekly planning and we got a little bit done.  Then we went and gave some tours at the JSM  we gave a great tour to this man and wife named Michael and Lisa.  They were from mass.  and they were going up to meet some friends so they stopped and here because it is in Sharon and they live in Sharon Mass.  So we gave them a quick tour and got their info and then they rushed off to Burlington.  Well funny story they stopped by monday to give us chocolates.  Unfortunately there was nobody here because we were all in church.  lol.  So they left the chocolates for us on a bench and sent an e-mail to Elder Osborn.  So now we have some yummy chocolates.
Saturday we worked on finishing our weekly planning, and then we went to the JSM for some more tours.  Then we went and had a quick coordination where we told our Ward mission leader that we have a great goal!!!!!  We are going to get one baptism by the end of next transfer. We are so excited!!
Then we went to our lesson with Dave.  We taught Pray often. We then stopped by a referral named Marie.  She is amazing, and I am inclined to think that she is going to be our baptism!  That was Saturday for us.
Sunday we had a good time at church.  Then we went to choir practice.  We are singing this great song called I testify of Jesus Christ.  It is great.  So then we went and gave tours.  We gave a tour to the lady who I went to the Temple with a couple of months ago.  She knows the Parsons.  So we talked with them.
Then we went and had dinner with some people and talked to more referrals.  It was just great.  sorry there aren't too many details.  I think I'm a little out of it.  We have been really busy.  We then taught the restoration to Marcie.  She is super great.  She wants to come to church, but she is first going to find a new job and she is coming to FHE tonight and wants to make commitments and commit to church, but she is just having the problem of her job.  But we are so excited for her.
Monday we have just been doing the usual, but our district is going to be coming so we can hike patriarch hill, and play games and watch a movie.  We are excited.  So that is about it.  Thinks are going really good. here!  I love you all and can't wait to hear from you!!
Love always and Forever,
Sister Lundahl

No comments:

Post a Comment